Skip to main content

The 70 years Old Man...

Seventy!
It is not just a number, you see.
Rather this number marks the soul which is free.
Free from being bullied,
because I am brown.
I was bullied by the white people,
who has the Kohinoor on the Crown.

I was not the only one though, to see the torture;
because I myself heard my brother to murmur,
the pain he was going through that day.
How helpless I felt because I had nothing to say.
We didn't forget the date when our bond got lost;
till date, we are both, paying the cost.

Well, I personally did achieve a lot.
Till now I cry and wonder how my babies fought
in Kargil and secured me from other fights,
I still remember the formation of Constitutional Rights.
I still remember how badly I got terrified,
when the Emergency period got me petrified.
My this very brown skin was crowned in Miss World and Miss Universe.
I went to the moon and back,

and also succeeded in touching the Mars.
I suffocate all the time
because of the pollutions caused by the cars.
The tsunami, earthquake and gas tragedy memories are still present as my skin scars.
Two world cups in cricket didn't heal the wound,
but brought a smile.
The rape of my daughters
always make me vile.

No one hugs me though,
instead I hug my children who are dead;
who gave their last breath on the border and bathed in splashes of red.
I still cry every single time,
when I fight with my brother.
How ironical that we both have the colour green, which was gifted by our mother.

His green is just darker
than that of mine.
Body shaming isn't a topic
that should shine.
Then why all the violence on my chest;
rapes, fight, battle and murder.
How pity is that there is not a single old age home,
for me and my brother.

Because I am the National Flag and my brother is the same,
Honey Singh's birthday is remembered by all,
but no one remembers Bhagat Singh's name.

Comments

  1. Beautiful! Really love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your blog also helps me in understanding fashion. 😊

      Delete
  2. SO beautiful! You have a talent

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a gift, beautifully written. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautifully written! Age is totally just a number. You are only as old as you feel on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great writing to drive home the point

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes our focus gets off as a people. We get hung up on things that truly don't matter. Love is what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we miss the real taste of our life.

      Delete
  7. Amazing poem! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome 😊. And it is my honor.

      Delete
  8. Great poem - thank you for sharing :)
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way you write. You are right, Honey Singh's birthday is remembered by all but not Bhagat Singh's. Just shows that we begin to appreciate vanity more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a great talent for writing. I thought your words were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A lost Friend...

I lost a friend of mine at the age of nine. A friend who was as if, carrying my blood. Still now my memories do flood with all the moments, penned down by us. He got lost, because of a single fuss. A fuss that started way back, when his parents heard him cry. Asked him to stop, on his very first day, because crying is not what he should try. His parents' belief that tears would make him weak, actually made him weaker instead. It didn't matter now if he got beaten up, or got sick; he still wouldn't cry, even if his face become red. No one actually said to him that crying wasn't bad, it's actually letting your emotions flow when you are sad. The mistake we made by not knowing what real feminism is, put up a huge burden of responsibilities on those little shoulders of his. The shoulders that cracked up, because of those huge responsibilities. Lying weak at night but standing strong in the morning, was one of his abilities. Or perhaps, that was the

Yes, I was...

hashtag me too hashtag survivor hashtag askew hashtag heifer These are not, just a bunch of hashtag(s), but are the reflection of how much you brag, to showcase your actions; but alas, you did not realise what would be the reactions. Actions like holding her hand and pressing it hard like a monster, when she was just three years old. She did not even think of protesting at all, because to your false love and fake trust was she sold. You were appointed to improve her grade. Instead "I am just helping you to write properly" was what you said. Yes, hashtag me too. I was a harassed by my tutor. hashtag me too hashtag living hashtag accrue hashtag grieving These are not, just a bunch of hashtag(s), but are the results of your lust. To feel the luscious curves of my body and to grope my big round bust. To grope my butt under the bench, during the boards exam, because your lust woke up and you started to cram. When asked, you replied that you merely